Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Watsons go to Birmingham 1963 5 entires

September 15,1963

It was a real bad day for must people. I woke up late but I had enough time to say good bye to Joey before she had left for Sunday School. I was hungry when I woke up also. I went to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal. After I went outside a sat next to the big in the back Momma came and sat next to me until we heard a rumbled noise come from the front. I first I thought it was a thunder storm or something. And Dad thought it was Byron doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing. But it was wasn't

Until a man past and said it was a bombing on 16th street Baptist Church were Joey was. Momma and Dad ran there to see if anybody either got hurt or died. It took us a while to find Joey then people started coming out last there was a man that came out with something red on him it look like paint but it was blood. Then another man came out with a little girl that was wearing a blue dress. And he sat her next to another little girl that was wearing a red dress in the grass.


When I was standing by the door I saw a shinny, shinny black shoe. Like the shoes Joey had on so I pulled and pulled. Then the shoe came off and you could see a white sock I grabbed her because then I saw a man with square shoulders. And I thought "The Wool Pool" so I left.I thought if I would have got Joey of the building myself I could have sat her next to the to other girls so it would make them look like The American Flag. When I did I turned around and I didn't look back and went on my way to Grandma Sands house.











No comments:

Post a Comment